|The Answer, My Friend, Is Blowin' In the Wind....|
Top Ten Reflections from the Line:
1. My kid wears a lot of pink. A lot. This is coming from a mom who swore she'd never let her daughter get so "gendered".
2. Clothes just seem to smell better when they're fresh from the line. Must be all that sunshine ingrained in the fibres.
3. The downside of fresh smelling clothes is you often bring unwanted crawling critters inside with you and you risk getting bird poop on your clothes.
4. Still, hanging clothes can be soothing and meditative.
5. There aren't enough sunny days here.
6. Jeff has a clear system to organizing laundry, including matching socks on the line. I like to free-style it. It's the only point of contention we have about hanging laundry, so when I hang clothes, I get this little rush like I'm bucking the system.
7. I feel bad for the spider webs that have already formed that I'm about to destroy.
8. Bugs seem extra attracted to me lately - can they sense I've got double the blood volume? Shouldn't the mosquitoes have some sympathy for me, them being lady mosquitoes and all?
9. My garden's not looking so great. Must be our lack of attention and a laissez-faire attitude about the garden this year. Thank goodness for our CSA.
10. I need to hang laundry more often.