Monday, May 9, 2011

The Best Roast Chicken: Leftover Edition Recipe Three

Fiesta Chicken Bean and Rice Soup
OK, so I'm *really* stretching this roast chicken with a third soup, but why not? I have no real recipe for this, just threw in a bunch of ingredients that looked roughly like this:

3/4 cup of salsa
a good handful of brown rice
1 cup of dried beans from Rowe Farms - soaked overnight and boiled for about 30 minutes
whatever vegetables you have on hand
salt, pepper, cumin and coriander to taste
chicken stock
chicken from the mammoth carcass

I threw it all together and gently simmered until beans and rice were softened. Quick, easy and tasty. Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Whole new meaning to "a chicken in every pot".

    My only suggestion for your fabulous soup is to have tortilla chips crushed over the top next time to really guild that lilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how dark your soup turned out. That baby is just screaming flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always just eat cx sandwiches with our leftovers, you've give me lots of ideas when I do my next roaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummo, but Adventuresindinner knows what's up. Getcha some chips on this business.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Chips are where it's at with this soup. And some cheese and maybe some sour cream.

    Sorry for the late replies to comments; I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to leave responses and I figured it was a Blogger issue. Turns out it was a Chrome issue. Grr...!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...