Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekly Confessions

Shh....
I confess: It hasn't all been squeaky clean for the 100 Mile Locavores. In the spirit of transparency and honesty, here are our weekly rule breaks:

  • We drink coffee, but only outside the house. It's roasted locally, fairly-traded and tastes so, so good. While Jeff is drinking this quite frequently, I've had only had two cups this week (in my own mug, that counts for something, right?)
  • I eat Honey Bear's leftovers of non-local food.
  • We've been eating the Christmas baking we received as gifts. I thought freezing it would stop the temptation, but alas, shortbread is stronger then my will and tastes better frozen.
  • We ate up a steak we found in the freezer. It was looking a little freezer burnt and I didn't want it to go to waste. It was deliciously grilled with eggs and sauteed mushrooms in a red wine reduction as a late dinner. 
  • I've had a few mugs of herbal tea at work.

Phew.

2 comments:

We love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...